Born in Africa, Built for you.

We are on a mission to increase economic opportunity on the African continent and for its diaspora around the world. By creating community-powered financial solutions, we make it easier to make day-to-day payments and do business in an increasingly global Africa. #BuildOurAfrica πŸš€

We are building (Transfer)Wise for Africa. 80% of the money sent to Africa is done with physical cash. The remaining 20% is done via digital channels but are subject to multiple layers of fees and paperwork. Our easy-to-use app allows anyone to quickly send money from GBP or USD (EUR coming soon!) to all major African currencies at the lowest rates available.

We are proud to be an African Fintech Startup with a global team serving an international audience. By building payment channels and infrastructure, we enable lightning-fast payments to every corner of the African continent. Our tech is built by world-class engineers from around the world and we are proud to serve all communities, everyone from bustling cities to peaceful villages. It is our privilege to partner with these local communities go on this journey together.

We are supported by the world’s most prestigious accelerators and VCs. We are backed by Y-Combinator (early backers of AirBnB, DropBox, GitLab, etc), Accel (GoCardless, Monzo, etc), and a long list of high profile Angel Investors who were personally in building Monzo, Robinhood, ComplyAdvantage, Luno, Simple, and many more!

Meet the NALA Team πŸš€

Bertha Sanga

Mobile Engineer
Tanzania πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ώ

Francis Obunde

Operations & Support
Kenya πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ

Jerry Chen

Head of Talent
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Suki Annan

Ghana - UK Community Lead
UKπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Ghana πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­

Sebastien Lacoste

Backend Engineer
France πŸ‡«πŸ‡·

Nicolai Eddy "Ngosha"

COO
USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Kenya πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ

Sirena Riley

Executive Assistant
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Dai Renshaw

Head of Data
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Amani Mgeni

Design & Growth
Tanzania πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ώ

Nicolas Esteves

CTO
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Spain πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ

Emily Tormey

Head of UK Growth
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Catherine Githui

Operations & Support
Kenya πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ

Eusebius Ngerema

Backend Engineer
Tanzania πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ώ France πŸ‡«πŸ‡·

Patrick Hook

Content Manager
UKπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Benjamin Fernandes

CEO / Hype man
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Kenya πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ Tanzania πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ώ

Samson Kiemo

Kenya - UK Community Lead
UKπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Kenya πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ

Mahmoud Abdurrahman

Mobile Engineer
Egypt πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¬

Subuola Abraham

Head of Legal and Compliance
UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Shamte Nyangasa

Operations & Support
Tanzania πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ώ

We are keen to hear from capable, ambitious, and creative people who want to help bring our vision to fruition.

Make secure and reliable payments from the UK and the USA to Africa. Download and start transacting today.